Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This is Spinal......Fusion


We're Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

As in back, that is - spinal fusion. I know I'm mixing my movie metaphors, but I am a little "tapped" out right now. Yes, after a long-suffered decision-making process of 2nd opinions that ran from a "T-10 - S-1" complete "lampost" model fusion, a decision has actually been made. I will be having a "TLIF" special - no, not "Thank Larry It's Friday" but Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. It's all happening tomorrow at noon at St. Joseph's in Burbank. It's often casually referred to as spinal fusion with instrumentation - I kinda like that - got a cool jazz feel that seems so much more Newport Beach than the heavy metal version I'm probably facing. I do feel confident that the doctor and process I chose is the right one at this time and am actually looking forward to easing a year-long bout of intensive chronic pain.

I anticipate being one of those people who wake up from anesthesia wondering "what took me so long?" There will more more blog posts with more lucid explanations and perhaps more humor to them than I can muster now. Where is Harry Shearer when you need him?

Fortunately, Larry - my co-medical blogger, will contribute when I doze off. He may knock me back out in his zeal to do so.

Please check this blog for updates. As before, we will send email notifications when there is a new post.

No comments: